Friday, August 26, 2011

Cooper's Fire Truck

My 5-week cake hiatus is finally over! This week I got to make a fire truck cake for my co-worker's nephew, Cooper, who is having his 3rd birthday party tomorrow.


I broke out a new toy for this cake - a brick-patterned impression mat that I bought at a craft store. I stumbled upon it in the copper tooling section, of all places! 



I'm starting to learn that craft stores are a great resource for caking - a lot of the clay tools work just as well as fondant tools (e.g. my handy dandy Makin's Professional Ultimate Clay Extruder, that I use for everything!)


My handy dandy Makin's extruder
I'm told Cooper had been asking for a fire truck cake for months, ever since he saw someone make one on Youtube (apparently this 3-year-old shares my pastime of watching cake tutorials on the internet?) His mom sent a picture of the cake he wanted, and I set off to find some guidance on building the structure of the cake. Here's a video from Betty Crocker Kitchens, and here's a link to instructions I found at Disney Family Fun magazine online - it has has nifty graphics showing how to cut and stack your cake.


The cake was rainbow inside. Here's a picture collage showing how easy it is to make a rainbow cake (except for the lots of extra dishes, as shown in the last picture.)



Et voila!


2 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job! I shared this on my blog, hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I’m really impressed with your blog article, such great & useful knowledge you mentioned here

    Toy fire truck Toy Fire Truck & Airplane Take-A-Part Toy Educational Toy Equipped with Screwdriver and Wrench w/ Cones and Traffic Signs NO BATTERIES REQUIRED …

    Visit Site :- https://www.amazon.com/Airplane-Educational-Equipped-Screwdriver-BATTERIES/dp/B01NBTKDLN/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3KIGJ5D7AQK8I&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1504849124&sr=1-1&keywords=B01NBTKDLN

    ReplyDelete